Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Day / The Lightning Thief / Avatar (take 20)

I went in thinking I was going to hate this movie, I mean COME ON! It basically just took all the actors it could find and made them talk for 2 hours.
I really wanted to see it though because come on, Eric Dane...yum <3 And yes, I do love almost every actor in this movie except for the teens.
Let me get to the point, this is an enjoyable feel good movie. The actors do an amazing job bringing life to the not so great script.
Valentine's Day is a movie about how the day which is suppose to be a celebration of the most romantic moments of our life, impacts different people. You have the best friend love, the guy who loves the girl but she doesn't love him back, etc. 
Overall not bad, not something I would watch again...but a good VDay weekend movie.

C







Alrighty, movie number 2. Not a fan, I have to say. I'm thinking it was definitley more geared toward younger audiences. I went in with no expectations because I have not read the books, nor do I want to now although it is apparently 99% different from the books (only similarity? boy on quest for lighting bolt).
The film works well on all levels blending vintage with new: veteran actors with newbies, winged Converse with flat screens, bronze swords with MP3's. The effects were nicely done, but I was bored out of my mind. Kevin McKidd was nice eye candy...well, when he was actually on screen that is...but overall? Not a fan.

 D










Avatar!! It has taken over as one of my favorite movies of all time!


<3

I've now seen it 20 times and I can not get enough of it!
The effects still leave me speechless and the story? Can not get enough of it. I'm looking forward to the Academy Awards :)


I think I will have to wait until the DVD comes out because I am broke from watching this movie XD




A++

2 comments:

AshPlot said...

I loved avatar!

Bree Nixon said...

Avatar FTW! :]